Privately-Held & Family Owned Businesses
Building a business isn’t easy and neither is maintaining it and passing it on to the next generation. At Hamilton Tharp, we specialize in working with Privately-held and family owned businesses. Whether you are a sole proprietor, partnership or corporation, we have the knowledge and expertise to advise you in any situation.
Privately-held and family-owned businesses face unique financial challenges. The ownership share of a business often represents most an owner or family’s assets. As a result, both personal planning and business planning become critical. That financial picture is further complicated when the owner(s) decide to exit or transition the business.
At Hamilton Tharp, our clients include privately-held and family owned companies operating locally and regionally across a variety of industries. For more than 35 years, we have been helping the owners and their families maximize their wealth potential.
Our services include:
- Tax Preparation and Planning Services
- Back office accounting and payroll
- Outsourced Accounting & CFO Services
- Multi-state and local taxes
- Estate and trust services
- Wealth Management Tracking
- Strategic Consulting services
- Succession & exit planning strategies
The Hamilton Tharp Difference
Our firm is uniquely qualified to serve you because we are a closely-held business ourselves. We understand first-hand the challenges you face and the upside potential of maximizing your financial opportunities. We’ll help protect you, your family and your business.
When you work with us, you will receive:
- Certified Public Accountants
- Competence based on extensive hands-on experience, careful planning and quality control of our work.
- Responsiveness from the partner coordinating the engagement who, with the support of our entire staff, is responsible for your complete satisfaction.
- Experience of our highly trained and motivated professionals who focus on the financial implications of business transactions and are committed to strenuous educational attainment.
Our professionals will consult with your business to provide you with the guidance and experience you need for your privately-held or family owned business. Contact us to learn more.
Receive Free financial tips & Tax Alerts!
"*" indicates required fields
From The Blog
Spouse-run businesses face special tax issues
Do you and your spouse together operate a profitable unincorporated small business? If so, you face some challenging tax issues. The Partnership Issue An unincorporated business with your spouse is…
Update on depreciating business assets
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act liberalized the rules for depreciating business assets. However, the amounts change every year due to inflation adjustments. And due to high inflation, the adjustments…