Estates & Trusts
Professional Services to Help You Stay Focused on Living
At Hamilton Tharp, we apply our expertise in estate and trust planning and administration to help ensure your wishes, or those of your loved ones, are carried out as efficiently as possible and with the least possible burden on survivors and successors.
The estate settlement and trust administration process is often lengthy, taking longer than many executors and trustees anticipate. Our trusted professional advisors help our clients get back to enjoying life more quickly by reducing administrative time and costs, safeguarding assets, facilitating efficient transfers, and minimizing tax liabilities.
Thinking about death and taxes is not how most people choose to spend their time. Putting some time and thought into your end-of-life issues now will minimize complications, confusion and conflict for your loved ones down the road. We help individuals, trustees and executors across the country plan for and navigate the financial circumstances surrounding times of death, divorce, health issues and aging. We also help business owners with transition and succession planning, and we work with valuation experts and appraisers to determine the most tax-advantageous business valuations and how to justify them.
Our estate and trust services include:
- Preparation of final individual income tax returns for decedents
- Preparation of estate tax returns (Form 706) and Form 8971
- Preparation of gift tax returns (Form 709)
- Preparation of trust and estate income tax returns (Form 1041)
- Trust funding
- Estate tax projections and tax planning
- IRS audit representation
Experts You Can Count on in Life or Death
Estate planning attorneys often refer trustees and executors to Hamilton Tharp due to our depth of experience in this area. Every client’s situation is unique, but having successfully guided clients through so many different scenarios has strengthened our expertise and broadened the base of knowledge from which we can pull as we work with you to reach your financial objectives.
With Hamilton Tharp, you’ll work with:
- Estate and trust specialists – With professionals who focus on this area and have extensive training, education and experience, we offer an unparalleled level of quality in our services.
- Accessible, long-term partners – We are committed to helping guide and support you every step of the way.
- Tax experts – Although your estate tax and income tax returns do not have to be prepared by a CPA, our perspective and depth of knowledge regarding the tax laws can result in significantly lower taxes.
Effective estate and trust planning can ensure financial security for loved ones and maintain a smooth succession of ownership for business owners. Contact us to learn more about how our services can help simplify estate and trust planning and administration and ease the burden on you and your loved ones.