Did your company receive funds from the Human Health Services (HHS) Cares Act stimulus? If so, you may be required to submit supporting documentation for how the funds were used.
The Human Health Services department calculated relief payments based on 2019 Fee for Services (FFS) Medicare payments and direct deposited them into hospital and medical provider accounts. Any payments of more than $10,000 require additional reporting by the deadline specified in the chart below, per the Terms and Conditions of the payments.
||Payment Received Period (Payments Exceeding $10,000 in Aggregate Received)
||Deadline to Use Funds
||Reporting Time Period
||From April 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020
||June 30, 2021
||July 1 to Sept. 30, 2021
||From July 1, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020
||Dec. 31, 2021
||Jan. 1 to March 31, 2022
||From Jan. 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
||June 30, 2022
||July 1 to Sept. 30, 2022
||From July 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021
||Dec. 31, 2022
||Jan. 1 to March 31, 2023
These funds provided by the stimulus payments must be used for eligible expenses and lost revenues to allow hospitals and medical practices to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19. To provide the necessary reports, Health and Human Services has launched a Provider Relief Fund (PRF) reporting portal.
Before getting started, you may want to gather the following types of information:
- Reporting Entity Business Information
- Subsidiary Questionnaire
- Acquired/Divested Subsidiaries
- Interest Earned on PRF Payment(s)
- Tax and Single Audit Information
- Other Assistance Received
- Use of General and Targeted Distribution (including Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution) Payment(s)
- Unreimbursed Expenses Attributable to Coronavirus
- Los Revenues Attributable to Coronavirus (and additional revenue information depending upon the option selected to calculate lost revenues)
- Personnel, Patient, and Facility Metrics
- Survey Questions
You can learn more about the system and reporting requirements here. Our team of professionals is also available to help you sort through the necessary reporting requirements.